Sarasota Home Buying and Selling Tips
Buying or selling a home is never an easy undertaking, whether you’re a first-time homebuyer or a seasoned investor. As long-time specialists in Sarasota homes for sale and other properties throughout the region, the team at the Key Solutions Real Estate Group are more than happy to provide you with a few Sarasota home-buying and selling tips:
- Clean up your credit; make sure everything is in order with regards to your credit history even before you begin your home search. This might take time, especially if you run into problems, so it’s best to get this done early.
- Know how much house you can afford. Run the numbers, factoring in your income, expenses, debts such as student and car loans, and so on.
- Get pre-approved, not just pre-qualified. A homebuyer who’s been pre-approved has a better negotiating position.
- Have a clear idea about the kind of home you’re looking for. It’s a good idea to make a checklist of the features that you don’t want to live without.
- Don’t just look at the house, look at the neighborhood. A house’s value hinges on its location. You’re likely to have an easier time reselling your property in the future if it’s located in a family-oriented neighborhood in a good school district.
- Don’t go it alone. With the market the way it is, now is not the time to take on the challenge of selling your home all by yourself. Find a real estate professional who knows your area and the market.
- Repair what needs to be repaired and upgrade what you can. This doesn’t have to be expensive—sometimes all it takes is new drapes and a fresh coat of paint—but it can add significant value to your home.
- Stage your home. On average, staged homes sell more quickly and for a higher price than those that aren’t.
- Don’t just spiff up the interior of your house—make sure you’ve made the outside clean and inviting as well.
Need more Sarasota home-buying and selling tips? Check out the “For Buyers” and “For Sellers” pages for even more information and ask the professionals at Key Solutions about your options in homes for sale in Sarasota today.